Open Educational Resources: OER's
Open Educational Resources (OER), are teaching, learning, and research resources that are free of cost and access barriers, and also carry legal permission for open use.
* They include a multitude of formats, including textbooks, full courses, modules, videos, labs, assignments, and assessments.
OERs are licensed in such a way that enables adopters to utilize the 5 Rs:
- Retain a copy of the content
- Reuse the content in a range of ways
- Revise the content as needed
- Remix original or revised content with other material
- Redistribute the original, revisions, and remixes with others
Creative Commons licenses are often applied to OERs to license these rights to adopters.
3 Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition and Open Education Group
Open courseware sites offer educators access to a wide variety of course materials including, but not limited to, syllabi, reading lists, lecture notes, assignments, and exams.
Open Educational Resource Collection by Subject
These pages will take you directly to the portions of databases that contain materials relevant to specific subjects. However, these are not exhaustive lists and relevant resources may be discovered through a number of collections or searches. More can be found through General Textbook Collections or by contacting a librarian with your specific needs.